The story of this past week has been a lot of bash scripting to generate reports from a directory of results that have been generating in my research. I found myself collecting and revisiting old scripts that I wrote and wishing that I could see what they were doing. The definitive way to find the answer is to read the script, but it is annoying to try to edit and then test a script that iterates and touches a large directory. So I made some utility functions that I’ll write new scripts to use. The scripts are in a new project.

I mainly write CMake/C++ projects, and I have been thinking of whether I should create a repository that collects a few template projects that seem useful for starting to build a Qt or VTK component. I’ll probably start small and just throw up the few that I have and commit more to it as I go.